|Next Course Starts On||20 Feb 2019 (Wed) See Full Schedule|
|Fee||SGD856.00* (as low as SGD56.80* after maximum funding) Learn more|
Singapore Management University
- Understand the structure and technology behind Blockchain, the market environment, investments and key stakeholders involved and the expected technology disruption to follow.
- Discover new forms of management and organisation through smarter frameworks for business in identity and data sharing, trading, settlements, payments clearing and storing registries.
- Evolve a short and long term strategy for your organisation to realise the potential of Blockchain.
- Gain insights into the need for a Blockchain Regulatory framework.
- Reflect on the future of Blockchain.
Reflection / Discussion
- “What is in it for me?”
- “Why should I care?”
- “How do I prepare for it?”
• How different industries are innovating with Blockchain?
• Regulatory frameworks
• Innovation capabilities of Blockchain
• Game: Future of Blockchain
Who Should Attend
This programme is suitable for business owners, professionals and individuals who are interested to gain practical understanding and knowledge of how Blockchain technology will impact current and future businesses, as well as how they can prepare themselves for this technology disruption.
Participants who meet the minimum attendance rate but do not achieve a pass for the assessment will be issued a Certificate of Participation.
Fees and Funding
|FULL FEE||S$856.00* per person|
For Singapore Citizens / Permanent Residents
|Fee payable to SMU after 70% SSG Funding||S$256.80* per person|
FOR SINGAPORE CITIZENS AGED 40 YEARS & ABOVE
|Fee payable to SMU after 70% SSG Funding & 20% SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy||S$96.80* per person|
|For Singapore Citizens aged 35 years & above (13 years & above for Persons with Disabilities) earning a monthly income of not more than SGD2,000||Fee payable to SMU after 70% SSG Funding & 25% Workfare Training Support Scheme||S$56.80* per person|
|For SMEs* sponsoring their employees who are Singapore Citizens / Permanent Residents||Fee payable to SMU after 70% SSG Funding & 20% Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (Please refer to below for ETSS criteria)||S$96.80* per person|
*(incl. 7% GST)
- course materials
- instructor's fee
- 2 tea break refreshments per day (excl. lunch) during the module
- 1 assessment per person for each module
Re-assessment fee at SGD214.00 (incl. 7% GST) per attempt, up to a maximum of 2 re-assessments per person. Please note that re-assessment fee is not supported by the SSG Funding.
The first re-assessment has to be taken within 2 weeks after the notification of result. The first re-assessment will be held on a weekday specified by SMU Academy and conducted from 6.30pm to 8.30pm.
- SkillsFuture Credit
Singapore Citizens aged 25 and above, and self-funding may use their SkillsFuture Credit (up to SGD500) to defray part of the course fee. With effect from 19 May 2017, SkillsFuture Credit claim will only be paid directly to the training provider from SkillsFuture Singapore. Claim should be submitted via the Training Exchange (click here) and SMU Academy has to be informed on the Claim ID no. and claim amount in order for the correct payable course fee amount to be reflected on the invoice. Please click here for the SkillsFuture Credit Booklet / User Guide on how to claim for SkillsFuture Credit.
IMPORTANT For the Business Implications of Blockchain Technology programme, please search for course code CRS-N-0045896 for your SkillsFuture Credit claim submission.
- Absentee Payroll
Companies who sponsor their employees for the programme are eligible to apply for absentee payroll via the SkillsConnect system. For more information, please visit SkillsConnect.
- Enhanced Training Support for SMEs
SMEs must meet all of the following criteria:
- Organisation must be registered or incorporated in Singapore
- At least 30% local shareholding by Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Employment size of not more than 200 (at group level) or with annual sales turnover (at group level) of not more than SGD100 million
- Trainees must be hired in accordance with the Employment Act and fully sponsored by their employers for the course
- Trainees must be Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
All NTUC union members and self-funding are eligible for UTAP funding (up to SGD250 per annum). Please click here for more information on UTAP and application.
|INTAKE 1||16 Aug 2018 (9.00am – 6.00pm)||Fully Subscribed|
|INTAKE 2||20 Feb 2019 (9.00am – 6.00pm)||Confirmed to Commence|
* Participants are required to take an assessment from 5.00pm – 6.00pm.
MS ANUPRITA BHOMICK
Global Head of Partner Programs, Google
SkillsFuture Skills Framework
This programme is approved under the SkillsFuture Generic Skills and Competencies (GSC):
- Lifelong Learning (Intermediate)
Certified Professional Business Manager (CPBM)
Please click here for CPBM details and list of programmes.