Taught by design thinking experts from the Stanford Design School, participants will get to learn the Stanford d.school and IDEO design thinking methods.
At the end of the workshop, participants should be able to
- Understand the design thinking process
- Use design thinking tools to develop empathy and discover unarticulated customer needs that can be translated into opportunities to innovate
- Understand specific ethnographic interviewing and observation techniques that can be used to uncover latent innovation spaces
- Learn to think creatively and to reframe challenges into opportunities that can generate breakthrough solutions
- Learn how to test ideas early in the design process, thus reducing risks and accelerating innovation
- Understand how to see new ways of contributing to the business by identifying opportunities to innovate
The ability to innovate faster and in new ways is critical to achieving high performance and surviving in a competitive world. The goal of this workshop is to develop creative, fluid, and responsive design thinkers with the creative confidence to apply the process to solve problems of practice within their organisation and build a company-wide culture that promotes, accelerates, and sustains innovation.