This module is part of the Advanced Certificate in Data Protection Operational Excellence programme.
It provides participants with an understanding and hands on approach to information and cyber security from a management perspective.
The module answers 7 questions that all managers should be asking if to protect info security assets:
- What information does my department / function holds that needs to be secured?
- What is the value of those information assets? What are the risks?
- What are the organisational security policies in place?
- Do I know what needs to be done if there is a security incident?
- What are the security measures already in place (including staff training)?
- Can my business function continue to operate if there is a security incident?
- Are there any compliance requirements that can get me into trouble?
Participants will be able to create Information Security Policy, manage compliance using the online Data Protection Management System via a hands-on and practical based approach to secure your organisation and respond to incidents. The course has a heavy focus on hands-on activities (aided by a bundled data protection management system called DPMS) and assignments which are given to the participants based on ISO27001/02. (Participants have the option to sit for Exin's Infosecurity IS027001 Foundation exam - payable separately)