- Learn the fundamentals of the future Token Economy and peer to peer/private ways of doing business.
- Understand the basics of blockchain technology and decentralisation.
- Learn the differences between cryptocurrencies, digital assets and tokens.
- Develop a framework for assessment of such tokens.
- Explore how to access such assets via centralised and decentralised exchanges.
- Understand opportunities as well risks of this new asset class and the maturity of current market structure as well as existing adoption in the financial services industry and beyond.
Who Should Attend
Professionals in and outside of the financial services industry interested in understanding risks and opportunities in the field of digital assets and cryptocurrencies.
An assessment will be conducted at the end of the course.
Fees and Funding
Course fee grant at 70% of course fees (excluding GST) for participants who are successfully enrolled by SMU into approved courses under the Programme. Participants must be Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy ("MCES")
Up to 90% of course fees for Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs ("ETSS")
Up to 90% of course fees; and 80% of basic hourly salary capped at $7.50/hr for local employees of SMEs
Singapore Citizens aged 25 and above, and self-funding the course may use their SkillsFuture Credit (up to S$500) to defray part of the course fee. Please click User Guide on how to submit your claim. SkillsFuture Credit claims may be submitted by logging in via MySkillsFuture.
Full Fee: S$1,070 per pax (including GST)
Nett fee payable after SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) Funding for Individuals:
- S$321 (including GST) for Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents
- S$121 (including GST) for Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above
|intake 1||5 April 2018 (Completed)|
|INTAKE 2||3 September 2018 (Open for Registration)|
Please drop us an email at email@example.com if you would like to be notified of the next run date.
Founder, Lightbulb Capital
Daniel (Dan) is the Founder of Lightbulb Capital and has a keen interest in Innovation in Finance and Investment Management.
Before starting the firm, Dan was Chief Operating Officer (COO) and an Executive Director of HSBC Securities (Singapore) Pte Limited. He was previously also the IT Head of HSBC’s Investment Bank in Singapore and Japan. Dan has over 17 years of Investment Banking Technology experience at UBS in both Germany and the UK, Barclays Capital in both Singapore and Tokyo, as well as Close Brothers in Frankfurt, his hometown.
Most recently, Dan is appointed as affiliate faculty of Singapore Management University. In addition, he is a frequent speaker at seminars on Innovation in Financial Services. He also partners with the SUTD-MIT International Design Centre for research projects at the intersection of Innovation and Finance.
He graduated with a Master of Science in Innovation from Singapore Management University and holds a Master in Finance from IE business school in Madrid, Spain.