Minitab is the most popular statistical software used by countless number of successful companies in gathering, analyzing and interpreting the data in day to day business world by leaders & managers to make data-based decision. This software is very user-friendly with many online examples & help feature that make complex data & issues into simple & understandable analysis & reports thus greatly saving time & improving productivity in decision making process. Participants are expected to learn Minitab hands on with simulation tools & real-life examples both in manufacturing as well as in service industries.
|Next Course Starts On||23 May 2019 (Thu) See Full Schedule|
|Fee||SGD1712.00* (as low as SGD113.60* after maximum funding) Learn more|
Singapore Management University
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- analyse real world data from both manufacturing & from service industry
- choose right graph & right statistical tool for any given business situation
- use tips & techniques in using Minitab for data analysis to save time & improve productivity
- use Minitab Assistant & online help features
- analyse, compare & contrast data before & after process improvement
- convert Minitab information into MS PowerPoint easily & develop a simple English report
- Introduction & Navigation of Minitab functions & windows
- Data types, Data gathering, Data importing & exporting in Minitab
- Statistical Graphs, Detailed analysis & Interpretation using Minitab
- Day to day graphs for business decision - Bar Charts, Pareto, Trend charts, Scatter Plots
- Measure of Location & Variation - Histograms, Boxplots, Distributions
- Data Comparison & Validation – Hypothesis test, t-Test, Proportion Test, Equal Variances
- Data Sampling - Power and Sample Size
- Data relationship - Correlation, Simple Linear and Multiple Regression,
- ANOVA, GLM, Chi-Square Analysis, GR&R, Control charts, Capability Analysis
- Reporting – Exporting graphs & data to MS PowerPoint & MS Words for summary reports
- Other useful functions – Stacking & transposing, Random Number Generation, Summary Statistics
Who Should Attend
- Leaders, managers, supervisors in manufacturing, service & supply chain industries
- Process improvement leaders, data analysts, Six Sigma practitioners
- People who want to improve their career opportunities in a dynamic job market in Singapore
- Lean Six Sigma practitioners, managers, professionals, executives involved in analysis and interpretation and presentation of data for decision making in continuous improvement projects across various business functions and industries, ranging from manufacturing to service industry.
- individual group and class assignment
- MS Powerpoint MS Report
Pre-requisites for enrolment
- No pre-requisites
Upon completion of class assignment and meeting attendance criteria, participant will be awarded course certificate of attendance.
Fees and Funding
Self-Sponsored Individual / Non-SME Company Sponsored Individual
$1712 (Full fees);
$513.60 (Singapore Citizen/PR below 40 years old);
$193.60 (Singapore Citizens above 40 years old)
SME Company Sponsored Individual:
$1712 (Full fees);
$193.60 (Singapore Citizen/PR)
Course fee grant of 70% of course fees (excluding GST) for participants who are successfully enrolled by SMU into approved courses under the Programme. Participants must be Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy ("MCES")
Up to 90% of course fees for Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs ("ETSS")
Up to 90% of course fees; and 80% of basic hourly salary capped at $7.50/hr for local employees of SMEs.
Singapore Citizens aged 25 and above, and self-funding may use their SkillsFuture Credit (up to S$500) to defray part of the course fee. Please click User Guide on how to submit your claim. SkillsFuture Credit claims may be submitted by logging in via MySkillsFuture.sg.
- SkillsFuture Course Code*: CA-N-2018-016128
- SkillsFuture Course Name*: Minitab Essentials for Lean Six Sigma
* Important Note: Participants claiming SkillsFuture credits should locate the course in Training Exchange using the Course Code/Name above.
Each run is conducted over 1 sessions; comprising of 2 weekday evenings (7pm to 10.15pm) and a full Saturday (9am to 6.30pm).
Ramesh is a Certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt (SBTI / Seagate Technology), certified Lean Master (Fairchild Semiconductors), a certified Design Thinking Facilitator(IABE) & a certified Supply Chain (SCOR-P) practitioner (SCC).
His 26 years of experience spans Engineering, Operations & Finance in leadership position including building Business Excellence programs across multiple factories & Organizations globally. His experience includes leadership position in Sanyo India, Hibex Singapore, Seagate Technologies and Fairchild Semiconductor as well as consultancy and training for clients which include manufacturing, service, F&B, hospitality, agro engineering, government organizations, educational institutes, SMEs, start ups. He last held the position of Finance Controller (CFO) for a US Semiconductor company (Fairchild Semiconductor).
He holds an MBA in Global Supply Chain & Strategic Finance from California State University - East Bay and Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from Bangalore University