The Hands-on Data Protection Officer (DPO) course is the first in Singapore to equip professionals, managers and executives with new competencies to perform their jobs as data protection officers.
Working with Straits Interactive, a data protection expert, SMU Academy is pleased to offer the three-day Data Protection Officer (DPO) Hands On course to individuals who wish to 'self-sponsor' themselves in the area of data protection. Using case studies and a practical approach toward data protection and operational compliance, the course aims to equip participants with practical implementation aspects and practices to comply and to stay compliant with the PDPA cost effectively, efficiently and productively.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Acquire step-by-step plan and checklist for DPOs to start PDPA compliance immediately
- Manage compliance using the online Data Protection Management System (DPMS)
- Customise Data Protection & Information Security Policy (based on case study)
- Receive guidance and learn best practices from experienced PDPA practitioners
I. Module 1
Introduction to PDPA compliance and roles/ responsibilities of the Data Protection Officer.
- Data protection assessment (based on case study)
- Personal Data inventory analysis
- Personal Data mapping & business flow
- PDPA readiness and audit (based on case study)
- Case studies of PDPA breaches
- Business case presentation to stakeholders
II. Module 2
Information Security: Policy, Templates & Tools.
- Information security assessment (based on case study)
- Review example of Information Security Policy
- Case Studies of Info Security breaches
III. Module 3
Review examples of Data Protection policies and best practices
Project evaluation: mock investigation (based on selected case study) and demonstrating accountability.
This interactive course is only applicable to self- sponsored individuals* and is suitable for:
- Those seeking to become Data Protection Officers
- Those seeking to enhance their experience (HR, Finance, IT, Marketing) with data protection expertise
- New graduates wanting to differentiate themselves with data protection expertise
- Professionals seeking a career in data privacy/ protection
*There is a separate course available or corporate participants, click here for more information.
Upon successful completion of the course (including competency assessment and project work), participants will receive a DPO Certificate of Proficiency jointly awarded by Straits Interactive and Singapore Management University.
This course is part of the training competency roadmap towards international certification in personal data protection/ privacy programme management which participants can also choose to pursue.
Participants of this course will also get to enjoy the following
- Complimentary three month access to the Data Protection Management System (limited to 1 user)
- PDPA related notices/ templates based on case studies
- Case Study related example of Compliance Manual
- Training materials
SGD 2,750 (before GST).
This course is supported by CITREP+which provides
- Up to 70% funding for working professionals
- Up to 90% funding available for Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above
- Up to 100% funding available for students and/ or Full-Time National Service (NSF) men
CITREP+ funding is available only to Singapore Citizens capped at SGD2,500 per participant per course subject to all funding eligibility criteria being met; for Students and NSF men, funding is capped at SGD2000.
For more information on CITREP+ funding, please visit www.imda.gov.sgfor details.
(Weekday Class): 16 August, 17 August, and 18 August 2017 [FULL SUBSCRIBED]
(Saturday Class): 23 September, 30 September and 7 October 2017
(Weekday Class): 27,28 & 29 September 2017
To register for the course, please register HERE.