Learn how to manage cyber security threats in today’s rapidly transforming digital economy
This two-day programme aims to define cyber security, explain its risks and challenges in relation to the digital economy and its global connectivity and discuss how the risks could be identified and managed effectively. Examples and case studies of past cyber-attacks will be used to expound on the risks and challenges of cyber security. Ideas and suggestions on appropriate cyber security strategies, policies, standards, guidelines, procedures and controls as well as cyber security analytics for predicting probability of cyber-attacks will be deliberated. Laws concerning cyber security and legal protection against cybercrime will also be highlighted. Practical exercises and discussions will be included.
- Understand cyber security, vulnerabilities, risks and exposures of the firm’s assets arising from the connectivity with the global digital economy of E- business, E-commerce and E-government
- Explain the key terminologies in cyber security, forms of cyber-attacks / cyber- terrorism, profile and motivation of the attackers
- Deliberate examples and case studies of past and recent cyber-attacks and lessons learnt
- Expound key cyber security framework, policies, procedures and controls required to counter the cyber-attacks
- Explore cyber security analytics for predicting cyber-attacks
- Highlight laws on cyber security and legal protection against cybercrime
Who Should Attend
This programme is suitable for all users in the Accounting and Finance Industry who would like to have a deeper understanding about cyber security, its risks and challenges and how to manage the risks effectively in today’s rapidly transforming digital economy.
Level of Proficiency
An assessment will be conducted at the end of the course.
Upon meeting the minimum attendance requirement and passing the assessment, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Type of Course
Instructional Methods and Learning Activities
Lectures, Discussions, Case Studies
Course fee grant at 70% of course fees (excluding GST) for participants who are successfully enrolled by SMU into approved courses under the Programme. Participants must be Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy ("MCES")
Up to 90% of course fees for Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs ("ETSS")
Up to 90% of course fees; and 80% of basic hourly salary capped at $7.50/hr for local employees of SMEs
Singapore Citizens aged 25 and above, and self-funding may use their SkillsFuture Credit (up to S$500) to defray part of the course fee. Please click User Guide on how to submit your claim. SkillsFuture Credit claims may be submitted by logging in via MySkillsFuture.sg.
Full Fee: S$1,712 per pax (including GST)
SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) Funding for Individuals:
- S$513.60 (including GST) for Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents
- S$193.60 (including GST) for Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above
Diploma Holders with at least 3 years of working experience in the Finance and Accounting sector