To be an all-round successful business professional, sound financial knowledge is essential. Cash flow, in particular, is the lifeline of any business. Upon completion of this highly intensive 1-day programme, you will be able to think of your business / operations in financial terms and equipped with the knowledge to identify the important financial levers that you can use to drive desirable business results. The ability to understand and use financial information is thus, of paramount importance to business success.
|Next Course Starts On||13 Mar 2019 (Wed) See Full Schedule|
|Fee||SGD909.50* (as low as SGD60.35* after maximum funding) Learn more|
Singapore Management University
At the end of the programme, participants would acquire the skills to:
- interpret key financial statements.
- assess the financial health of organisations.
- recognise ‘red flags’ and risks.
- identify events that have the most impact on the company’s cash flow.
- identify potential business opportunities or improvements that enhance organisational value.
- Financial statements overview
– Understand the principles and rules that guide the preparation of financial statements
– Overview of key financial statements and their main components
– Understand the linkages between the various financial statements and their connection to the organisation’s strategy
- Assessing the financial condition of a business and identifying key performance drivers
– Use financial statements to identify an organisation’s performance and vulnerability areas
– Assess the risks in the level of leverage and capital structure
- Managing cash flow
– Identify the difference between net profit and cash flow
– Understand how business decisions and events impact the organisation’s cash flow
– Decide on corrective actions if necessary
– Analyse a sample financial statement to assess the organisation’s strategy, business performance and potential opportunities / risks
Who Should Attend
This programme is ideal for business professionals who wish to gain sound financial knowledge quickly and be able to interpret financial information to help them in driving business results.
Fees and Funding
|FULL FEE||S$856.00* per person|
For Singapore Citizens / Permanent Residents
|Fee payable to SMU AFTER 70% SSG FUNDING||S$256.80* per person|
FOR SINGAPORE CITIZENS AGED 40 YEARS & ABOVE
|Fee payable to SMU after 70% SSG FUNDING & 20% SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy||S$96.80* per person|
|For Singapore Citizens aged 35 years & above (13 years & above for Persons with Disabilities) earning a monthly income of not more than SGD2,000||Fee payable to SMU after 70% SSG Funding & 25% Workfare Training Support Scheme||S$56.80* per person|
|For SMEs* sponsoring their employees who are Singapore Citizens / Permanent Residents||Fee payable to SMU after 70% SSG Funding & 20% Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (Please refer to below for ETSS criteria)||S$96.80* per person|
*(incl. 7% GST)
- course materials
- instructor's fee
- 2 tea break refreshments per day (excl. lunch) during the programme
- 1 assessment per person for each programme.
Re-assessment fee at SGD214.00 (incl. 7% GST) per attempt, up to a maximum of 2 re-assessments per person. Please note that re-assessment fee is not supported by the SSG Funding.
The first re-assessment has to be taken within 2 weeks after the notification of result. The first re-assessment will be held on a weekday specified by SMU Academy and conducted from 6.30pm to 8.30pm.
- SkillsFuture Credit
Singapore Citizens aged 25 and above, and self-funding may use their SkillsFuture Credit (up to SGD500) to defray part of the course fee. With effect from 19 May 2017, SkillsFuture Credit claim will only be paid directly to the training provider from SkillsFuture Singapore. Claim should be submitted via the Training Exchange (click here) and SMU Academy has to be informed on the Claim ID no. and claim amount in order for the correct payable course fee amount to be reflected on the invoice. Please click here for the User Guide on how to claim for SkillsFuture Credit.
IMPORTANT Please search for Future of Work Series: Cyber Security Awareness, AI and IOT (module 2), course code CRS-N-0044514 for your SkillsFuture Credit claim submission.
- Absentee Payroll
Companies who sponsor their employees for the programme are eligible to apply for absentee payroll via the SkillsConnect system. For more information, please visit SkillsConnect.
- Enhanced Training Support for SMEs
SMEs must meet all of the following criteria:
- Organisation must be registered or incorporated in Singapore
- At least 30% local shareholding by Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Employment size of not more than 200 (at group level) or with annual sales turnover (at group level) of not more than SGD100 million
- Trainees must be hired in accordance with the Employment Act and fully sponsored by their employers for the course
- Trainees must be Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
All NTUC union members and self-funding are eligible for UTAP funding (up to SGD250 per annum). Please click here for more information on UTAP and application.
|intake 2||11 Sep 2018 (9.00am – 6.00pm)||Fully Subscribed|
|intake 3||13 Mar 2019 (9.00am – 6.00pm)||Confirmed to Commence|
MR. ADAM WONG
Executive Director, Mayvest Asia Pte Ltd
Senior Partner, PT Asia EduFin
Adam is a veteran corporate, consumer-banking professional with 24 years’ track record in successfully improving global and regional banks’ revenue and profits. He is also the Executive Director of Mayvest Asia Pte Ltd, a financial training and consulting firm and an adjudicator of the Financial Industry Disputes Resolution Centre in Singapore. Prior to his current appointments, Adam was a General Manager with Standard Chartered Bank in Singapore and Hong Kong. He also held senior appointments such as Director of Corporate Banking in American Express Bank, Director of a Joint Venture Bank in Indonesia and Head of Cash Management, e-Commerce & Trade Sales in DBS Bank.
Adam is a Fellow Chartered Accountant, a Certified Credit Risk Management Professional and a Certified Professional Trainer. He has contributed actively to the development and training of professionals by conducting workshops for the Monetary Authority of Singapore and bankers in Singapore, Taiwan, Shanghai, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Bahrain, Sri Lanka and Pakistan. He has also conducted various programmes in the area of banking and finance for Australian, UK and local universities.
SkillsFuture Skills Framework
This programme is approved under the SkillsFuture Generic Skills and Competencies (GSC):
- Decision Making (Basic)
- Sense Making (Intermediate)
Certified Professional Business Manager (CPBM)
The Finance Essentials for Business Success programme is part of the Professionals Management Toolkit (PMT) Series. Participants who successfully complete 6 programmes offered by SMUA-HCML within 5 years will receive the Certified Professional Business Manager (CPBM). For example:
Please click here for CPBM details and list of programmes.