In this 1-day course, our trainer from Alibaba will deliver an overview of exciting and relevant technical areas essential for anyone who wants to find out more about IoT.
|Next Course Starts On||22 Jan 2019 (Tue) See Full Schedule|
|Fee||SGD856.00* (as low as SGD96.80* after maximum funding) Learn more|
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Explain what is Internet of Things (IoT) and understand how the general Internet as well as IoT work
- Understand how IoT devices interact together and with users
- Learn about the protocols used by IoT devices
- Discover the different platforms that are available to develop applications
- Learn about commercially available devices that are already using the IoT
- Understand constraints and opportunities of wireless and mobile networks for IoT
- Gain insights into the future of IoT
Who Should Attend
Working professionals with an interest in IoT, those who intend to know the potential and wish to build a career in the field.
- Participants who are familiar with basic programming and with Internet technologies (like TCP/IP & HTTP) would help
- Basic knowledge in electronics is helpful but not mandatory
- No prior knowledge about IoT is required
An assessment will be conducted at the end of the course.
Fees and Funding
Course fee grant at 70% of course fees (excluding GST) for participants who are successfully enrolled by SMU into approved courses under the Programme. Participants must be Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy ("MCES")
Up to 90% of course fees for Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs ("ETSS")
Up to 90% of course fees for employees of SMEs who are Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents
Workfare Training Support Scheme ("WTS")
Up to 95% of course fees for Singapore Citizens aged 35 years and above (13 years and above for persons with disabilities) earning a monthly income of not more than S$2,000.
Singapore Citizens aged 25 and above, and self-funding may use their SkillsFuture Credit (up to S$500) to defray part of the course fee. Please click User Guide on how to submit your claim. SkillsFuture Credit claims may be submitted by logging in via MySkillsFuture.sg.
Companies who sponsor their employees for the course may apply for Absentee Payroll via the SkillsConnect system. For more information, please visit SkillsConnect.
Full Fee: S$856 per pax (including GST)
Nett fees payable per participant after SSG Funding:
- S$256.80 (including GST) for Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents
- S$96.80 (including GST) for Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above
|intake 1||22 January 2019 (Open for Registration)|
|INTAKE 2||22 May 2019 (Open for Registration)|
Dr Chuah Jun Wei is currently Regional Manager (Smart City Solutions) at Alibaba Cloud, architecting novel IoT solutions for the future Smart City. These solutions leverage the capability of Alibaba Cloud’s ET Brain Platform to enable verticals spanning city management, smart buildings, and healthcare. Jun Wei has over 10 years of experience in IoT, from embedded systems design to sensor networks, data analytics, and IoT solutions. He is especially interested in the seamless infusion of useful technologies into traditional industries, such as construction, facilities management, and manufacturing.
Prior to joining Alibaba Cloud, Jun Wei was separately Head of IoT and Data Science at Surbana Technologies (a subsidiary of Surbana Jurong Group), where he led a team of engineers and data scientists to support and enhance the Smart City in a Box platform and a researcher at the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) where he managed a department of scientists and engineers at the Institute for Infocomm Research which specialises in energy research, focusing on energy storage, energy analytics, and green building technologies.
Jun Wei holds a doctorate in Electrical Engineering from Princeton University and a bachelor’s degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Carnegie Mellon University.