Whether you are an executive, a manager, a salesperson, a director or an entrepreneur, having the ability to connect with people easily and quickly, communicate your thoughts clearly, as well as influence and persuade others will help you get further in your professional and personal life.
|Next Course Starts On||29 Nov 2018 (Thu) See Full Schedule|
|Fee||SGD1712.00* (as low as SGD113.60* after maximum funding) Learn more|
Singapore Management University
The programme is highly interactive. Games, tools and activities will be employed to crystallise learning, along with stories and real life case studies. There will also be individual and group coaching with individualised feedback to help you improve your communication techniques.
Day 1 How to communicate effectively so that you can influence others to your way of thinking
- Avoid 12 seemingly innocent communication barriers that block conversations, damage relationships and cause conflict
- Capture and keep the attention of your listeners – even the busy ones – by learning how to communicate clearly and concisely
- Discover powerful ways to keep your listeners excited, engaged and at the edge of their seats while you are talking – energies, styles, behaviours and the opening lines
- Understand your communication style and influence behaviour
- Understand personality types and the styles and preferences so as to correspond in an appropriate way
- Learn how to analyse situations, select styles and behaviour, develop the flow and distancing strategy so as to make a pitch at your advantage
- Practice session – small group role play and discussion, observation and feedback
Day 2 Persuasion strategies to help you get what you want – every single time
- Learn about challenging influence situations – influencing teams and groups, influencing virtually, influencing cross cultural, influencing the “Big Boys” and influence amid office politics
- Discover powerful and irresistible persuasive language patterns, phrases and scripts that you can “plug and play” into everyday conversations to make you instantly more persuasive
- Use covert persuasion techniques to easily turn objections into agreements even with resistant people and inspire loyalty
- Identifying and prioritising your stakeholders and develop a communication plan to help manage them effectively
- Building strong relationship, credibility and rapport with stakeholders
- Practical assessment
Who Should Attend
This programme is designed for professionals who wish to enhance their communication and persuasion skills to be more effective in their career and life.
Participants have to meet a minimum attendance rate of 75% and are required to undergo an assessment at the end of the programme. Only upon meeting the minimum attendance rate and passing of the assessment, will participants be issued a Certificate of Completion.
Participants who failed the assessment will be given a chance for re-assessment at a re-assessment fee of SGD481.50 (incl. 7% GST). Each participant is allowed up to 2 re-assessments. The first re-assessment has to be taken within 1 month following the last attempt and will be held on a weekday specified by SMU Academy.
Participants who meet the minimum attendance rate but do not achieve a pass for the assessment will be issued a Certificate of Participation.
Fees and Funding
|FULL FEE||S$1,712.00* per person|
For Singapore Citizens / Permanent Residents
|Fee payable to SMU AFTER 70% SSG FUNDING||S$513.60* per person|
FOR SINGAPORE CITIZENS AGED 40 YEARS & ABOVE
|Fee payable to SMU after 70% SSG FUNDING & 20% SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy||S$193.60* per person|
|For Singapore Citizens aged 35 years & above (13 years & above for Persons with Disabilities) earning a monthly income of not more than SGD2,000||Fee payable to SMU after 70% SSG Funding & 25% Workfare Training Support Scheme||S$113.60* per person|
|For SMEs* sponsoring their employees who are Singapore Citizens / Permanent Residents||Fee payable to SMU after 70% SSG Funding & 20% Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (Please refer to below for ETSS criteria)||S$193.60* per person|
*incl. 7% GST
- course materials
- instructor's fee
- 2 tea break refreshments per day (excl. lunch) during the programme
- 1 assessment per person for each programme.
Re-assessment fee at SGD481.50 (incl. 7% GST) per attempt, up to a maximum of 2 re-assessments per person. Please note that re-assessment fee is not supported by the SSG Funding.
The first re-assessment has to be taken within 2 weeks after the notification of result. The first re-assessment will be held on a weekday specified by SMU Academy and conducted from 6.30pm to 8.30pm.
- SkillsFuture Credit
Singapore Citizens aged 25 and above, and self-funding may use their SkillsFuture Credit (up to SGD500) to defray part of the course fee. With effect from 19 May 2017, SkillsFuture Credit claim will only be paid directly to the training provider from SkillsFuture Singapore. Claim should be submitted via the Training Exchange (click here) and SMU Academy has to be informed on the Claim ID no. and claim amount in order for the correct payable course fee amount to be reflected on the invoice. Please click here for the User Guide on how to claim for SkillsFuture Credit.
IMPORTANT For the Advanced Communication Strategies: Using Strategic Persuasion To Get What You Want programme, please search for course code CRS-N-0044322 for your SkillsFuture Credit claim submission.
- Absentee Payroll
Companies who sponsor their employees for the programme are eligible to apply for absentee payroll via the SkillsConnect system. For more information, please visit SkillsConnect.
- Enhanced Training Support for SMEs
SMEs must meet all of the following criteria:
- Organisation must be registered or incorporated in Singapore
- At least 30% local shareholding by Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Employment size of not more than 200 (at group level) or with annual sales turnover (at group level) of not more than SGD100 million
- Trainees must be hired in accordance with the Employment Act and fully sponsored by their employers for the course
- Trainees must be Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
All NTUC union members and self-funding are eligible for UTAP funding (up to SGD250 per annum). Please click here for more information on UTAP and application.
|Intake 8||5 – 6 Jun 2018 (9.00am – 5.00pm)||Fully Subscribed|
|Intake 9||29 – 30 Nov 2018 (9.00am – 5.00pm)||Fully Subscribed|
Eric is a public speaking and presentation coach who has spent the last 5 years helping executives and the C-suite present with more clarity, confidence and charisma in front of any audience. He has trained for many major organisations such as Microsoft, Fuji Xerox, Pfizer, AIA, OCBC, FedEx and Shell.
Eric has authored four communications books till date including “Get To The Point®” which has sold more than 12,000 copies. Well regarded by the media as a public speaking expert, Eric has been featured on both regional and national media like Channel News Asia, Channel 8, The Straits Times and Business Times. In 2010, he also produced a public speaking series for Radio 938. His articles on public speaking and presentation skills are regularly featured on well-known publications like Straits Times Recruit, HRM, Today’s Manager and Human Capital.
SkillsFuture Skills Framework
This programme is approved under the SkillsFuture Generic Skills and Competencies (GSC):
- Communication (Advanced)
- Interpersonal Skills (Intermediate)
Certified Professional Business Manager (CPBM)
The Advanced Communication Strategies: Using Strategic Persuasion To Get What You Want programme is part of the Professionals Management Toolkit (PMT) Series. Participants who successfully complete 6 programmes offered by SMUA-HCML within 5 years will receive the Certified Professional Business Manager (CPBM). For example:
Please click here for CPBM details and list of programmes.